With 90 percent of power outages during storms caused by trees, Stormwise links forest management and community outreach for stronger, wind-firm trees.
We are working with towns to implement a right tree, right place planting approach for planning before planting and preventing damage to the electric grid.
- Using tree sway research and laser technology to show the benefits of tree trimming
- Reducing outages – in both number and duration
- Retaining the beauty of scenic roads and reducing roadside maintenance costs
- Identifying best practices readily shared with communities, tree wardens and forest managers
- Supporting Connecticut’s local wood industry